Dear Britnay Blount; My Response to Bank Of America Consultant, refering to African American’s As Monkeys

11081336_1429089504056835_3693895759892466798_nDear Britnay Blount,  On behalf of the entire race of African Americans, I want you to know that we are not monkeys.  For years we were oppressed and treated like animals by society based on the color of our skin but we are not monkeys. Even today, we are not treated as a people equal to other races but we are not monkeys. We are a race (like any race) that have things that need to be changed but we are not monkeys.  We are a race of people who have people who act improperly( like every race) but we are not monkeys.

We are a race of chosen people created in God’s image.  Over time we have consistently produces greatness that the world has reaped the benefits of.  We are God fearing, We are strong and We are fearless people.  We work hard, harder than any other race (in my opinion) to prove that we are greater than what you say we are.  We are a people who have been bent to the breaking point but we stand before you united and unbroken.

As a parent, educator and citizen, I totally understand that emotions run high during certain situations and the fight that happened at Albany High was one of those times.  As a parent things like this anger me too but your ignorance wasn’t fueled by anger it was hate.  If you had simply made one comment, I could have passed it off as a slip of the tongue, maybe.  However, the fact that you continued for several comments is an indicator of something much greater.  While blacks being monkeys is not our truth, it revealed yours.  You my dear are an ignorant racist who chooses hate and ignorance over love.  You live your life hiding behind your desk and flashing that fake smile when your truth is that you wear an invisible white mask. In anger, there  are instances in which we say things we don’t mean and there are those moments where we expose who we really are; well I have to tell you honey……… YOUR SLIP IS SHOWING!!!

As a woman who prides herself on promoting love and growth within our gender, you embarrass me. As a person who chooses to see the growth that our country has made you discourage me.  As a Christian who chooses to love all man, you sadden me.  However, I know that my love for God and others is the only thing that will defeat the hate that lives in you.  Yes I am angry and the truth is the old me would have been eager to beat the hell out of you, but the woman that is writing this letter will love the hell out of you and most of all pray the hell out of you.  11071928_1429089424056843_9121289896634817099_n

16 Comments

1. Kay
    March 27, 2015 / 12:33 am

This ignorant, hateful excuse for a woman is why a lot of people think most of us in Southwest Georgia. It’s a damn shame. She gives all of humanity a bad name.

2. March 27, 2015 / 6:23 am

This response was well presented. I think Britney Blount is a fake page, someone is hiding behind this page. If you notice her page now says she is vp of boa, an it also says she went to darton instead is Albany State university. And the page was just created.

• March 27, 2015 / 6:52 am

Her initial page has been taken down. These fake pages are being made to make the story appear satire.

• Anonymous
        March 27, 2015 / 10:07 am

Nothing is never really deleted from a computer. Her original page and posts and comment can still be found on her hard drive. I hope they destroy her.

• March 27, 2015 / 11:01 am

You are so right. She will lose her job, just to save face. It is just sad that people think this was.

3. March 27, 2015 / 9:32 am

The scary part is that this goes beyond stupid remarks on Facebook – this thinking is prevalent in people who are in positions of power all over the US (a banker!). Also, her name is Britany not Britnay, you may want to correct so people can find this easily.

• March 27, 2015 / 11:03 am

That is the worse part of all Ck. Thank you, I am correcting that now! #writingwhilepissed

4. March 27, 2015 / 11:18 am

It is disheartening to know that in 2015 there are people who speak of others in such a horrible manner. Let me just remove race for a second. We are all human beings. Where is the respect for humanity as a whole? This world as a whole has to do better. Ms. Blount’s word are disgraceful. May we all strive to become better human beings. Something it seems Ms. Blount is incapable of.

5. TayA
    March 27, 2015 / 11:32 am

Well Said! This angers me. Some people in South Georgia are actually striving for change. The blacks are struggling to prove their worth (which shouldn’t have to be proven) because of the ones who are acting foolish. The whites are struggling to prove that not all whites are racist because of the ones who are acting foolish. So Dear Britnay Blount, ALL Racists, ALL thugs, Thanks for making South Georgia one of the most racist cities in the country. Obviously some things will never change, because change will never happen until everyone gets their act together. I’m tired of the racial slurs coming from blacks and whites. I’m tired of blacks having to prove their worth. I’m tired of the whites being outcasted by their only family for loving blacks. I’m tired of dignified and decent blacks called “acting white” WAKE UP PEOPLE! You can not label blacks as something because of how ghetto unruly gang bangers are. You can not label whites as something because of how ignorant the racists are. Blacks have gangs and racists. Whites have gangs and racists. It’s a SHAME to blame it on color. God created all of us in his image. We are ALL his beautiful creation. If one or the other were better, we would have all been the same. I shouldn’t even have to say “blacks” or “whites”. Yes, we are different. Every single one of us, but It shouldn’t be because of our color, but of our culture. Sorry to inform you racists, but our colors and cultures are mixing whether you like it or not. Maybe a good mixing will fix the next generations.

• March 27, 2015 / 11:38 am

Yes, Yes, Yes a Taya!!!!! I couldn’t have said it better.

6. K paul
    March 27, 2015 / 6:28 pm

Have you contacted her employer? If she is representing the bank, I’m sure some of her decisions are based on race and not proper Bank of America protocols.

7. rose
    March 27, 2015 / 8:16 pm

It is all about black and white? no I am not a monkey I know my God isn’t a monkey,well I’m made just like Him, I am made in his image, and there all kinds of monkeys, you don’t want myself calling you a Neanderthal monkey and I want call you that, but don’t insult my people,there are murderers,pedofiles, thieves, adulterers, lying people in all race’s, I dare you say anything about a race of people, you in America worrying about black people and those Isis people trying to destroy the Country and every one in it, I have a son that lost his life fighting for this Country and two more that fought,I have a niece and nephew over there now and you sitting on your ironing board behind calling a race people monkeys, I am getting off now because the more I write the angrily I get.

8. renee
    March 28, 2015 / 2:52 am

I work for BOA and i will be at work Monday looking her up so that I can report her