Today I really want to talk about some things that are very important to me… Breast. As a breast cancer survivor, you know that I stress breast health to the fullest but today that is not what I am here for. Today, I want to talk about breast presentation and the importance of a good bra. While some people are looking for someone like Plastic Surgeon Sydney so they can get a breast lift, I prefer just looking for a good bra. I know some of you are probably saying, “we are grown women, we know all about bras” and while that may hold true for you, that is not the truth of every woman. I am a good bra advocate and seeing so many violations they pain me to my core.
If you follow me on social media, I know that you know I am not here for saggy breast. My thing is not that they shouldn’t sag because I know all too well that life happens. As women we gain weight, lose weight, have babies and breastfeed; these are all things that effect our boobies and cause them to change over time. So like I said, I am not saying that they shouldn’t sag, I am saying that they shouldn’t sag in a bra. Oh and let’s be clear, sagging breast is not the only violation. If you do find that your breasts are sagging, contacting some like this plastic surgery bluffton sc might be a good idea. It’ll make you feel so much more confident!
“They look better standing at attention than sitting in your lap”
See, I know a whole lot about breast because over the years, me and these babies had a love hate relationship. I was in the 3rd grade when I got my first bra (nope, not training bra) and it was not a want, it was a need because at 8 years old my breast were larger than some (many) grown women. From that point to wearing a DDD in high school and college to having babies and not really knowing what size I truly was I have learned a hell of a lot.
Nope, I am not here to point out every issue that I have with bad bras, that would be petty and I don’t feel like being petty today; I am here to offer a little advice that I feel I am more than qualified to give. And please know that this is not about the brand as much as it is the quality of the bra. No matter what type or how pretty, a good bra should support for your breast and this is how:
- All of your boobs should fit in the cup of your bra. If you have spillage up top on underneath, your bra is too small and it is not doing its job. I know that some think a little spillage up top never hurt anyone but that is is lie… it hurts me! You can have cleavage by simply investing in a plunge bra.
- Your bra should add shape to your breast. For me I love the shape that underwire bras give my breast but I know that everyone isn’t a fan of underwire bras. There are many no wire bras that create the full round look your breast should have. My plea is just that you don’t get the bra that will have your boobies looking like cones because that is a sore sight and it can be harmful if you poke someone with those things.
- Your Shoulders should not fall victim. Before I gained more knowledge about bras, my shoulders caught hell! Yeah they were sore from the heaviness of my breast but they were bruised, cut and scared from the stress of my bra straps being too tight. A good bra will hold you up without destroying your shoulders. How you gonna “KILL EM’ WITH THE SHOULDERS” if you killing the shoulders?
- Your bra should support your back. A good bra will support your back just as much as it does your boobs and promote good posture. I hate to see women with larger boobies slumped over because it is an indication that her bra is not doing it’s job. A good bra will also smooth your back out. YEP! I have a little back fat but it is not as obvious because my bra pulls it in and hold it.
The Butterfly Bra
The bra that I am wearing in this post is one of my favorites, it is the Butterfly Bra from Ashley Stewart. This bra provides support in every way imaginable while remaining comfortable. As a woman, I know that most of us live for the moment when we can come home and remove our bras and while that will always be my truth, this bra was not painful at all. Below are a few features that the Butterfly Bra boast:
- Additional padding in the the bottom portion of the cup to assure the breast look full and round.
- Padding in the shoulders to assure shoulder comfort and support.
- Two back strap that support both the top and the bottom of your back.
- Firmer straps for greater enforcement.