MY STYLE JOURNAL: #INMYFEELINGS

Hey PHAT Girls, happy Monday!

Maui B of PHAT Girl Fresh

I know that many of you are thinking… HEY GIRL, where have you been! Honestly, I can’t blame you, because I have been out of pocket for what seems like FOREVA (in my Cardi B voice). Well, I am back but please don’t call it a comeback because like LL Cool J… I have been here for years! Oh and, just so you know, I’m #INMYFEELINGS.

In keeping with the transparency of our relationship I want you to know that i have been going through a storm, physically and mentally. Neither of these things should be a surprise to you because I have spoken of my issues before plus we all know, Life happens. This time I have to say that my physical issues took me for a ride mentally. Now I don’t know what you have lived through or with; but after a while being physically ill and unable to operate in the manner I was accustomed to proved to be depressing for me.

Watching my girls at Essence Fest and everywhere else living their best lives and taking dope photos gave me life! However, if i can be honest, it also left me a little green with envy. Nope, that was not me being a hater, I just felt like Rudolph (DUH! the red nosed reindeer), i wanted in on those reindeer games!

Being transported from one hospital to another was more than I had bargained for but that is what happens when you ignore your body while chasing a check and trying to take over the world. I traveled to NYC for FFFWeek, then returned home and executed a super dope photoshoot with my girls NikkiFree, ShaKera (The Real Sample Size) and my photographer P Dillon; all while my body was crying out for attention!

So yeah, now I am laying in a hospital bed finalizing my Monday post to publish Tuesday because life is still happening. However, I am taking full responsibility for what I didn’t do right and moving forward with me in mind.

Maui B of PHAT Girl Fresh

Since I have admitted to being in my feeling and a little envious, why not share this green slay!

MY STYLE JOURNAL

Maui B of PHAT Girl Fresh Maui B of PHAT Girl Fresh

Key Largo Maxi: The Wendy S. Collection

Yellow Chunky Heels: Amazon

Lemon Clutch: Amazon

Oh, and since I have been absent, I want to know… (singing in Drake’s voice) do you love me, are you riding…!Maui B. of PHAT Girl Fresh

16 Comments

1. July 10, 2018 / 4:31 pm

Shiiiit, I love you and I’m riding!!!

2. July 10, 2018 / 6:22 pm

You look amazing as usual. I’m glad you’re taking care of yourself. Sometimes we are so busy doing for others that we neglect ourselves. I keep harassing Patrick about how you’re doing, and he keeps telling me I can call you. He’s right. I’m glad you were able to find the time and energy to provide us with more dopeness and continue with your transparency.

• Angela Hargro
      July 10, 2018 / 9:19 pm

You have the most Amazing Spirit! This means you have lots of work still left to do. You have no idea how many lives you touch with your posts. The ones that benefit most probably never comment or even like a post. Take care of you so that you can take care of all of us! Yes, it’s a big task, but you have a big heart and God has chosen you to do it.

Hugs, kisses, and Prayers,

Angela

• August 1, 2018 / 10:39 pm

THANKS GIRL! i appreciate you so much!

• August 1, 2018 / 10:41 pm

YES! We are friends, call me anytime! Thanks for checking on me.

3. V
    July 10, 2018 / 7:26 pm

Hope you continue to get better. Cute dress

4. Amanda Rambo
    July 10, 2018 / 7:39 pm

And you slay!! Feel better soon!

5. Byanca Underwood
    July 10, 2018 / 9:15 pm

Glad to see you are in good spirits. You will be better than ever… reenergized, renewed and forever flawless. Get better, us BBWs need our fashion fix and blogs!
    Keeping you prayed up!!!🙏🏾

6. Debo Blue
    July 11, 2018 / 3:26 am

So let me get this straight: while you were in hospital RESTING, you were updating your blog?? Your Ride or Die should have taken all your electronics and told the doc to give you sleep meds.

7. July 25, 2018 / 1:06 am

such good style and ditto to all of these pictures! So happy you loved it and found different body types to try the this! Yassss!