Hey Ladies! Happy Friday!
I know I tell you all the time but i will say it again, I love me some social media. It provides me with an abundance of inspiration and some good laughs too. Through social media, I have had the opportunity network and engage in conversations with some amazing women who like me, believe in promoting queen shit.
While I didn’t create it, one of my favorite instagram hashtags is #queenshit. I use it often but many times I search it for inspiration and great photos of beautiful brown women. Like most hashtags, you have to stroll pass the bullshit but I have found there are some really amazing women who like me, know and believe in the power of queen shit.
Every day is not a great one but every day is another opportunity. Despite all of the adversity that I face, "I thank God for my unconquerable soul!" Ladies, be encouraged and remember that seasons come and go but you remain because your purpose is greater than your pain. #phatgirlfresh #beautiful #beencouraged #queenshit #growth
In my opinion, queen shit is just like girl power but more grown womanish (yeah, that is in the Maui dictionary of made up words). Queen shit is about a woman’s ability to do exactly what she wants as long as she isn’t intentionally negatively affecting anyone else (I said intentionally because we can not control your feelings). It is a woman’s ability to be bold and make moves that others wouldn’t or couldn’t make. Doing queen shit doesn’t mean that a woman is perfect but she owns who she is… Flaws and all (in my Beyoncé voice, of course). A woman who does queen shit doesn’t feel insecure or bothered by other women and she will not hesitate to help her sisters in any way she can. She knows the value of uplifting other women and that there is room for all of us to be great.
Today I want to share some of the inspiration I have found from other women using the #queenshit hashtag. Maybe you will be just as inspired as I am.
- I live for a moment when a woman is bold enough to look adversity in the eye and decide to be great anyway.
- I love this because it is so important that we never lose sight of the crown, not the literal crown but all of the great components that make you… QUEEN!
You'd be surprised (well, maybe not) how many women I come across that seem to have forgetten what this is. From close friends to complete strangers, these women walk around as if they've misplaced it and don't know the first place to find it. I've been there and because I have been there I know where to look. Pick yourself up & look in the damn mirror. Take a good look at yourself and make the conscious decision to love everything that makes you, YOU. Even if hurts, at least commit to appreciating one thing at a time. Love your laugh lines, stretch marks and gray hair. Love your goofy laugh, your obsession with butter pecan ice cream, and the fact you cry over Disney movies. Know being a mom is tough and its ok to make mistakes. Know we all have had a broken heart but healing does come. Believe in good men. Embrace your tears and know they do not make you weak. Straighten your backbone but believe in the strength of kneeling in prayer. Trust your gut and God. Own a sexy black dress. Get a pedicure. Read a book. Take yourself on a date. Respect yourself enough to demand it from others without saying a word. Love yourself enough to know you have the right to.
- Sometimes we have to realize that falling back and falling off are totally different.https://www.instagram.com/p/-FYwkRKAvO/?tagged=queenshit
- Every damsel is not in distress… We know how to handle shit on our own.
- The strength of a a queen is infinite! https://www.instagram.com/p/9_5XoUqGhg/?tagged=queenshit
- A queen knows that finding peace and bringing order to one’s life is vital. https://www.instagram.com/p/99hNNKuZb5/?tagged=queenshit
- No matter where it ends, queen shit starts with you! https://www.instagram.com/p/99N8k3hizf/?tagged=queenshit
- I know some make it look effortless but… It isn’t!
- What’s a bad bitch compared to a queen…NOTHING! Time for some of you ladies to find your crowns, polish them up and properly place them. https://www.instagram.com/p/968jhEBi7O/?tagged=queenshit
What are some of your favorite social media hashtags? When you are strolling and patrolling “the net” where do you find inspiration? Chime in ladies!